Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Claira's Nursery

So I know all I ever talk about on social media these days is my baby... But I'm giving birth in a month to my first child and it's kind of consuming my every thought! So I apologize... I guess ;)

I knew I wanted Claira's room to be super soft and girly. The pinker the better! Her room is TINY, probably 150 square feet if I had to guess, so figuring out how to arrange the furniture so that I got everything I wanted in there proved to be a challenge. But with the help of my hubby and mom, I actually had a lot of fun and love how it turned out.

Here are some pics of her room! The only think missing is a diaper genie that I just ordered, and a few pictures of her once she gets here :)


The blue dresser was originally brown with some ugly gold handles. We bought it from Salvation Army for $40 using some of our baby shower Visa gift cards. Then we went to Home Depot, got some new handles and a $2.00 sample jar of blue paint, and completely made it over! The rocking chair in the corner has a pocket on the side with a very special book inside. The book is a bedtime story from my mom, and she recorded herself reading it so Claira will know her voice. I've already started holding it to my belly so Grammie can read to her. The blanket on the rocking chair was handmade by Grandma Candy, a close family friend. I looove handmade things!


Her crib was a gift from my mom, and the doilies on the wall were an idea from my best friend, Allie Gilmer. I was nervous about putting anything above her crib because the paranoid part of me was afraid it would fall somehow and land on her. The doilies were a great idea because they are light, pretty, and secured well enough that I know they won't fall on my sleeping baby's little self :)


The quilt hanging from her crib and the little bunny sitting inside were both handmade by Darlene Lindsey, a close family friend and extra Grandma for baby Claira ;) the white circles on the quilt, as well as the white tummy and feet of the bunny, are all made from pieces of my wedding dress. They are both INCREDIBLY special to me. Notice the feet say her name and the chest says 2015 in the heart :)


This is her bookshelf! On the top shelf are a few books, her first Bible, her piggy bank (an adorable decoration from my home church baby shower!), and a picture of us announcing my pregnancy. Second shelf is some cute cowgirl boots from Gigi (Jon's mom) and some decor from her baby shower that my sisters in law threw! And bottom shelf are her first toys which include a few stuffed animals and some comfort blankies.


Top of the bookshelf: a pink C on the wall which was also decor at her baby shower, a head band holder made by Rachael Terantino (friend from our church who is expecting her own baby boy about a week after me!), a Teapot Scentsy warmer from Jonna Reed (a friend from my home church in Oklahoma), and a lamp from target :)


She has about 30 headbands. I'm soooo excited to play dress up with my baby girl!


This is my attempt at organizing her closet, including clothes that don't fit just yet. On top are her pacifiers, some swaddling blankets, extra receiving blankets and her car seat cover and head supporter. Second and third shelf: clothes that don't fit yet and bath time things that she won't need for a while (toys, bubbles, etc). Bottom shelf: extra changing table covers and crib sheets... Because I've heard babies tend to be messy ;)


In her dresser, we have onsies and sleepers in the top drawers.





Second drawer is literally JUST accessories. Scarves, hats, cardigans, mittens, socks, shoes, sunglasses, leggings... You name it, she probably has it! Spoiled already ;)



Bottom drawer: outfits! Newborn-3 months. Hopefully she'll get to wear everything at least once before she grows out of them!


On the hanging rod in her closet, we put her swimsuits and dresses. Girlfriend has almost as many swimsuits as she does dresses... But hey, it's Florida!


And there you have it! A detailed, virtual tour of Claira Bren's room. Now all we need is Claira Bren!


Thanks for reading :)

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment